They say a picture is worth a thousand words and we often focus so much on the photos of our home that we put little emphasis on the words that are used in Words are powerful and because the multiple listing service limits the amount of words that can be used in a listing it is important to make them count.
Here are some words and phrases to bring in the buyers:
Create an emotion: Buyers buy on emotion so be sure to tell them what it is like to live in the home. Paint a picture of sitting by the fire or entertaining in the open floor plan.
Use specifics: Don’t just say new or updated. If the kitchen boasts high-end appliances tell the potential buyer the brand name. Describe the shelves and racks in the walk-in closets or the brand name replacement windows.
Highlight location: Is the home blocks away from stores, transportation or can you see the beach from the bedroom window? If so, tell the buyer exactly how close it is to desirable amenities and community resources.
Update the listing: Change up the wording if the house has been on the market for a while. Try highlighting some different features. Don’t forget to remove the comments about the Open House or how the listing “won’t last”.
The words that describe your home can be just as important as the pictures so make sure that you use every character allowed to highlight the features and bring in the buyers.
Milford MA Listing AlertsMilford, MA - $359,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/116 hours agoMilford, MA - $185,000 - Condo - Half-Duplex - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:2Milford, MA - $80,000 - Land - Acres:0.2Milford, MA - $379,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Milford, MA - $169,900 - Condo - Half-Duplex - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1
Mendon MA Listing AlertsMendon, MA - $393,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Mendon, MA - $409,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Mendon, MA - $384,900 - Single-Family - Contemporary - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Mendon, MA - $389,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Mendon, MA - $407,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1
Uxbridge MA Listing AlertsUxbridge, MA - $359,900 - Condo - Half-Duplex - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:2Uxbridge, MA - $444,000 - Condo - Half-Duplex - Rooms:7 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1Uxbridge, MA - $439,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Uxbridge, MA - $429,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Uxbridge, MA - $374,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2
- Business Opportunity
- Buying a Home
- Help Around the House
- Home Improvements
- Money Saving Tips
- Moving Tips
- Open Houses
- Real estate
- Real Estate For Sale
- Selling Your Home
- Special Real Estate Situations
- To Your Health
- What to Consider When Buying a Home
- Wegmans Burlington on Track for Oct. 26 Grand Opening September 21, 2014In just more than a month, area residents will have a Wegman's of their own, when the store's long-awaited Burlington location opens its doors on Oct. 26. The third Wegman's location in Massachusetts will be located at 53 Third Avenue in Burlington. Construction of the supermarket is coming along and is on track for the slated opening, accordi […]
- What Are the Best Local Spots for Newcomers in Milford? September 21, 2014If you had a friend or someone not familiar with Milford visit town or think about moving here, and you had to bring them somewhere memorable, where would you take them? Last week, we reached out to Milford residents on Facebook to see what they recommended as the best places to stop at in town, and rounded up the top five responses from the post, which can […]
- Milford Police Arrest Local Man After 4-Hour Manhunt September 19, 2014Officers arrested Joshua Charro, 19, who was wanted on several outstanding warrants for breaking and entering, and is expected to face additional charges of attempted breaking and entering and charges related to Friday's manhunt, according to Milford Police . Charro, police said, has fled officers numerous times during the past two weeks as they moved i […]
- Walk 'n' Roll for Ataxia is Sept. 20 September 18, 2014The Central Mass. Ataxia Group is hosting its seventh 7th annual Walk n' Roll for Ataxia on Sept. […]
- Wegmans Burlington on Track for Oct. 26 Grand Opening September 21, 2014
- Mendon-Upton changes iPad policy; free loaners to all August 27, 2014The Mendon-Upton Regional School Committee voted Monday to change its policy on individual iPad use, allowing all students, regardless of income, to take borrowed iPads home throughout the school year. […]
- A silicon education August 21, 2014Our first thought regarding the iPad debate in the Mendon-Upton Regional School District is that the American Civil Liberties Union must have something better to do than complain about a policy that provides iPads to students who qualify for free or reduced-price lunch. […]
- Mendon-Upton iPad policy prompts ACLU complaint August 19, 2014The ACLU of Massachusetts has filed a state complaint over an iPad policy in the Mendon-Upton School District that it says allows only low-income students to take home district-provided devices, while other students would have to purchase technology for home use. […]
- Last Chain On Billie: A Must Read Elephant's Biography August 16, 2014Every now and again I read a book and immediately begin reading it again, often skipping around here and there to make sure I haven't missed a thing. […]
- Mendon-Upton changes iPad policy; free loaners to all August 27, 2014
- Official wants to raze - black hole in Blackstone' September 17, 2014Erika Murray enters the courtroom by a court officer for her arraignment at Uxbridge District Court in Uxbridge, Mass. on Friday, Sept. […]
- Uxbridge special town meeting Tuesday will ask voters - again - to balance budget September 16, 2014Voters will be asked to balance the fiscal 2015 budget - for a second time - at the special town meeting starting at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Uxbridge High School auditorium. Despite officials' recent expectations, a motion will be made to transfer money from free cash or stabilization funds to cover unanticipated school costs. […]
- School bus in minor crash in Uxbridge September 15, 2014Police are investigating a school bus accident this morning that jammed up traffic at Quaker Highway and South Main Street. No injuries were reported in the accident. […]
- Neighbor of woman accused of concealing death of three infants says ... September 14, 2014Neighbors of Erika Murray, the Massachusetts mother accused of hiding the death of three of her children, said they would see poorly dressed infants playing outside her home which they described as 'squalid'. They described the smell at 23 St. Paul Street in Blackstone as atrocious and said that the home, which was discovered by police to be infest […]
- Official wants to raze - black hole in Blackstone' September 17, 2014