They say a picture is worth a thousand words and we often focus so much on the photos of our home that we put little emphasis on the words that are used in Words are powerful and because the multiple listing service limits the amount of words that can be used in a listing it is important to make them count.
Here are some words and phrases to bring in the buyers:
Create an emotion: Buyers buy on emotion so be sure to tell them what it is like to live in the home. Paint a picture of sitting by the fire or entertaining in the open floor plan.
Use specifics: Don’t just say new or updated. If the kitchen boasts high-end appliances tell the potential buyer the brand name. Describe the shelves and racks in the walk-in closets or the brand name replacement windows.
Highlight location: Is the home blocks away from stores, transportation or can you see the beach from the bedroom window? If so, tell the buyer exactly how close it is to desirable amenities and community resources.
Update the listing: Change up the wording if the house has been on the market for a while. Try highlighting some different features. Don’t forget to remove the comments about the Open House or how the listing “won’t last”.
The words that describe your home can be just as important as the pictures so make sure that you use every character allowed to highlight the features and bring in the buyers.
Milford MA Listing AlertsMilford, MA - $2,400 - Rentals - - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Milford, MA - $1,650 - Rentals - - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/1Milford, MA - $279,900 - Single-Family - Split Entry - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Milford, MA - $208,900 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1Milford, MA - $269,900 - Single-Family - Split Entry - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1
Mendon MA Listing AlertsMendon, MA - $227,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:115 hours agoMendon, MA - $674,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/2Mendon, MA - $359,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Mendon, MA - $397,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Mendon, MA - $249,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1
Uxbridge MA Listing AlertsUxbridge, MA - $239,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/22 hours agoUxbridge, MA - $349,900 - Single-Family - Other - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Uxbridge, MA - $377,000 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Uxbridge, MA - $1,900 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Uxbridge, MA - $190,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1
- Business Opportunity
- Buying a Home
- Help Around the House
- Home Improvements
- Money Saving Tips
- Moving Tips
- Open Houses
- Real estate
- Real Estate For Sale
- Selling Your Home
- Special Real Estate Situations
- To Your Health
- What to Consider When Buying a Home
- Milford Police On Hand for First Days of School August 28, 2014The new school year began on Tuesday in Milford , and officers with the Milford Police Department were on hand at the town's schools to welcome students in a safe and efficient manner. […]
- Will Trash Pickup be Delayed for Labor Day Weekend in Milford? August 28, 2014Labor Day weekend, a sure sign that summer's winding down, is approaching, and as such, many offices around the Milford area and the rest of the state will be closed. […]
- Recently Sold Homes in Milford August 27, 2014An unknown woman in uniform told Hanover Starbucks employees to use the $200 on her gift card to buy coffee and treats for others. […]
- Employment in Milford: Truck Driver, School Jobs Now Available August 26, 2014If you're looking for a new job and want to stay local in Milford, you're in luck. […]
- Milford Police On Hand for First Days of School August 28, 2014
- Mendon-Upton changes iPad policy; free loaners to all August 27, 2014The Mendon-Upton Regional School Committee voted Monday to change its policy on individual iPad use, allowing all students, regardless of income, to take borrowed iPads home throughout the school year. […]
- A silicon education August 21, 2014Our first thought regarding the iPad debate in the Mendon-Upton Regional School District is that the American Civil Liberties Union must have something better to do than complain about a policy that provides iPads to students who qualify for free or reduced-price lunch. […]
- Mendon-Upton iPad policy prompts ACLU complaint August 19, 2014The ACLU of Massachusetts has filed a state complaint over an iPad policy in the Mendon-Upton School District that it says allows only low-income students to take home district-provided devices, while other students would have to purchase technology for home use. […]
- Last Chain On Billie: A Must Read Elephant's Biography August 16, 2014Every now and again I read a book and immediately begin reading it again, often skipping around here and there to make sure I haven't missed a thing. […]
- Mendon-Upton changes iPad policy; free loaners to all August 27, 2014
- License revocation notice sent to Uxbridge kennel August 26, 2014A notice to revoke the license of a kennel on Aldrich Street, which has been the subject of numerous complaints, including unsanitary conditions, has been sent to the property owner, Town Manager David A. Genereux told selectmen Monday. […]
- Uxbridge selectmen agree to take action on 4 meeting articles August 26, 2014Selectmen voted Monday night to recommend favorable action on four of the six draft articles for the special town meeting, which if adopted would bring the fiscal 2015 budget back into balance. […]
- 'Man Fire Food' is 'Playing With Fire in New England' on Cooking Channel August 20, 2014On tonight's episode of " Man Fire Food ," Roger Mooking, chef, musician and lover of all things smoky and delicious, went to New England in this episode titled "Playing With Fire in New England." […]
- State boosts school bus funding for regional districts August 15, 2014Regional school districts statewide will see an estimated 26 percent bump in state funds for busing costs, which represents 90 percent of the promised 100 percent reimbursement. […]
- License revocation notice sent to Uxbridge kennel August 26, 2014