They say a picture is worth a thousand words and we often focus so much on the photos of our home that we put little emphasis on the words that are used in Words are powerful and because the multiple listing service limits the amount of words that can be used in a listing it is important to make them count.
Here are some words and phrases to bring in the buyers:
Create an emotion: Buyers buy on emotion so be sure to tell them what it is like to live in the home. Paint a picture of sitting by the fire or entertaining in the open floor plan.
Use specifics: Don’t just say new or updated. If the kitchen boasts high-end appliances tell the potential buyer the brand name. Describe the shelves and racks in the walk-in closets or the brand name replacement windows.
Highlight location: Is the home blocks away from stores, transportation or can you see the beach from the bedroom window? If so, tell the buyer exactly how close it is to desirable amenities and community resources.
Update the listing: Change up the wording if the house has been on the market for a while. Try highlighting some different features. Don’t forget to remove the comments about the Open House or how the listing “won’t last”.
The words that describe your home can be just as important as the pictures so make sure that you use every character allowed to highlight the features and bring in the buyers.
Milford MA Listing AlertsMilford, MA - $212,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/110 hours agoMilford, MA - $299,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/114 hours agoMilford, MA - $269,900 - Single-Family - Split Entry - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:116 hours agoMilford, MA - $319,800 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Milford, MA - $319,930 - Single-Family - Split Entry - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2
Mendon MA Listing AlertsMendon, MA - $674,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/211 hours agoMendon, MA - $339,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Mendon, MA - $424,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Mendon, MA - $1,700 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Mendon, MA - $334,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:10 - Beds:3 - Baths:2
Uxbridge MA Listing AlertsUxbridge, MA - $324,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/19 hours agoUxbridge, MA - $1,200,000 - Commercial - Year Built:1987 - Acres:3.4610 hours agoUxbridge, MA - $159,900 - Condo - Half-Duplex - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:112 hours agoUxbridge, MA - $399,900 - Single-Family - Colonial, Cape - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/115 hours agoUxbridge, MA - $377,500 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:11 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/1
- Business Opportunity
- Buying a Home
- Help Around the House
- Home Improvements
- Money Saving Tips
- Moving Tips
- Open Houses
- Real estate
- Real Estate For Sale
- Selling Your Home
- Special Real Estate Situations
- To Your Health
- New 'Jaws of Life' for Upton, a nickel at a time July 27, 2014How do you nickel and dime your way into raising $35,000 for public safety equipment? In Upton, the answer is found in refunded deposits from bottles and cans. […]
- Dog Named 'Quincy' Reported Missing in Milford July 24, 2014Quincy, a West Highland Terrier, has gone missing in Milford, according to Granite State Dog Recovery . […]
- Dykema Hosts Tour of Holliston Clean Technology Manufacturer Rypos July 19, 2014On July 15, state Rep. Carolyn Dykema, state Rep. John Fernandes, D-Milford, members of the House Manufacturing Caucus, and Department of Environmental Protection Commissioner David Cash visited the Rypos manufacturing facilities in Holliston. […]
- Milford Man Arrested After Fight at Carnival July 18, 2014Newton police charged a Milford man with assault and battery after a fight in Pellegrini Park in Newton. […]
- New 'Jaws of Life' for Upton, a nickel at a time July 27, 2014
- Chained, beaten bloody and weak from starvation, a heart-wrenching... July 21, 2014Chained, beaten bloody and weak from starvation, heart-wrenching book describes how Billie the elephant escaped the barbaric torture and indignities under the big top and finally found sanctuary in Tennessee 'For so much of her life, Billie had been manhandled regardless of how she behaved. […]
- Fire hits Mendon barn July 7, 2014Fire departments from across the Blackstone Valley responded to a raging barn fire on Northbridge Road early this morning. […]
- Chained, beaten bloody and weak from starvation, a heart-wrenching... July 21, 2014
- Chuck Edwards, president, Lenze Americas, Uxbridge July 27, 2014For the past five years, Chuck Edwards has been at the helm of Lenze Americas in Uxbridge, part of the global company, Lenze SE of Hameln, Germany. […]
- Onstage July 24, 2014Courtesy of Priscilla Beach Theatre The cast of 'The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee' to play July 25 through Aug. 3 at Priscilla Beach Theatre in Plymouth. […]
- Sen. Richard T. Moore announces Citizens' Legislative Seminar July 23, 2014Sen. Richard T. Moore, D-Uxbridge, has announced that the 73rd Citizens' Legislative Seminar will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 14 and 15 at the Statehouse. […]
- Uxbridge sex offender, lottery winner faces new charge: showing porn to 8-year-old July 18, 2014A Level 3 sex offender being held after a recent indictment on child sex charges is facing an additional charge: disseminating pornography to an 8-year-old boy. […]
- Chuck Edwards, president, Lenze Americas, Uxbridge July 27, 2014